Building America's Sports Car
This book's early marketing materials said that the book "offered a glimpse into the only two facilities to ever produce Corvettes". Happily, our advance copy of the book arrived and they do make reference to the 1953's being built in Flint, Michigan. All is well!
The book takes you from Corvette's beginning with hand-laid fiberglass body components through the ultra high-tech sytems used today at the Bowling Green Kentucky Corvette Assembly Plant.
- Introduction: Home Sweet Home
- Short Story: Gettiong Things Rolling in Flint, 1953
- Meet Me in Saintt Louie: The Missouri Years, 1954-1981
- The New Kentucky Home: Life in Bowling Green, 1981 to the Present
- Come Together, Right Now: A Step-By-Step Guide to C6 Production
- Good Neighbor: The National Corvette Museum
MANY photos from GM's archives. hardcover, with 192 pages with 150 color photos and 150 black/white photos.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 07 May, 2012.