How to Restore Automotive Trim and Hardware
Written by John Gunnell This is another fine book from the "Motorbooks Workshop" series. Whether you are restoring your Corvette for show of for the local cruise-in- some of the most difficult parts to refurbish are the decorative trim and hardware. No matter your goals- Gunnell's tips and instruction will ensure your restored Corvette looks perfect right down to the knobs on the radio. Topics include: how to restore chrome steel and other metals; how to replace or re-create hard-to-find pieces; how to repair or replace plastic and pot metal; how to detail and maintain a show-quality look; and information on bumpers, dash, hood ornaments, and more.
- Bright Metal Auto Trim
- Types of Trim Damage
- Introduction to the Restoration of Metal Moldings
- Proper Removal and Replacement of Trim Molding
- Metalworking Techniques
- Refinishing Techniques
- Restoring Other Types of Metal Trim
- Specially Finished Metal trim and Genuine Wood trim
- "Chrome plated" Plastic Trim
- Other Metal and Plastic Trim
- Helpful Modern Coating Methods
81/2 x 11", softbound with 160 pages and 231 full-color photos.