Happy 60th Anniversary Corvette!
Through hundreds of rare and unpublished photos from GM's Media and Design Archives and in-depth text by Corvette Historian Randy Leffingwell, Corvette Sixty Years celebrates the first six decades of America's Sports car. It covers the revolution and evolution of America's longest continuously-produced nameplate.
Created in cooperation with General Motors, the book focuses as much on the Corvette's placce in popular culture as it does on the engineering and design. From the inagural 1953 to today's sixth generation car, Corvette Sixty Years touches on all aspects of Chevy's iconis sports car: history, racing, period advertisements, posters, memorabilia, designers like Bill Mitchell, engineers like the fabled Zora Arkus-Duntov, celebrity Vette fans, and more!
- In the Beginning: The Birth of the Corvette
- From Domination to Disco: The Second and Third Generation
- Reclaiming the Throne: The Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Generations
- Racing: Beating the World's Best
- Community Action: The People and the Places
MANY photos from GM's archives. Hardcover, with 256 pages and hundreds of photos.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 09 May, 2012.