Modifying and Tuning Gen III Engines for GM Cars & Pickups
Author Wil Handzel, Group manager of GM Performance Parts explains exactly how to tune and modify the Gen III Chevy small blocks. No advanced theory- just detailed step-by-step explanations supported by 550+ color photos.
- The History of the Gen III LS1 V-8
- The Gen III LS1 V-8 Engine Basics
- Production Parts for Performance
- Tips and Tricks to Remove and Reinstall the Gen III V-8
- Bolt-On Power
- 100 Horsepower Anybody Can Install
- 500+ Horsepower NA Street Racer Buildup
- Gen III Vortec Truck Engine Buildups
- 1,200 Horsepower 387 Cubic Inch C5R Power
- How to Control That Gen III V-8
- Gen III Architecture & Design
- Head, Cam & Intake Power Combos
- Factory and Aftermarket Hi-Po Parts
- Parts Interchangibility- LS6 Everything!
- Also Covers 4.8-, 5.3- & 6.0- Liter Vortec truck Engines
Softbound, 160 pages and updated with more than 500 color photos.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 21 March, 2011.