Chevrolet has never built an ordinary Corvette. Even the most mundane coupe draws a crowd everywhere it goes. But through victory at race tracks, or exposure in film and television, or other notable achievements, a select few Corvettes have attained myth-like status.
Eighteen of the most legendary Corvettes (most owned by fellow NCRS members) - from the earliest surviving Corvette ever built to the last first generation Corvettes used in the classic television series Route 66 to the five Grand Sport racers built by Zora Arkus-Duntov, the Godfather of the Corvette, to a fifth generation Corvette raced by the team that included father and son Dale Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt Junior just before the elder earnhardt's tragic death- are featured in this book.
Chapters (Cars) Include:
- 1953 Corvette #003
- 1956 Corvette SR Sebring racer
- 1957 XP-64 Corvette Super Sport
- 1959 Chevrolet Experimental Research Vehicle 1
- 1960 Cunningham No. 3
- 1960 Tasco Turquoise Convertible
- 1961 BM/SP
- 1963 Corvette Sting Ray Z06
- 1963 Lightweight Grand Sport Coupe
- 1964 CERV 2
- 1966 L88 Coupe
- 1973 Corvette Summer
- 1976 John Greenwood Spirit of LeMans Customer Car #007
- 1978 Coupe Indianapolis Pace Car
- 1981 Coupe #31611
- 1988 Callaway Sledgehammer
- 2001 C5-R LeMans Class Winner
- 2009 ZR1 #5900001 "Blue Devil"
- Index and Ackknowledgements
Hardbound, with many beautiful color photos. Comes with a removable poster on the back of the dust jacket.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 03 May, 2012.